The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure Easy-Hide-Ip using OpenVPN on your Ubuntu 16.04 computer:
1. Download the Easy-Hide-Ip configuration file(s) here:
2. Right-click the downloaded file and select "Extract here"
3. Open the Terminal from the main menu and type:
sudo apt-get update
Enter your password and press enter.
Wait about 1-5 minutes, depending on speed of your network
4. Install the OpenVPN software on your system:
sudo apt-get install network-manager-openvpn-gnome
5. Click on the "Network" icon in top right corner and choose "Edit Connections..."
6. Click "Add"
7. Select "Import a saved VPN configuration..." as your connection type
8. Click "Create"
9. Select the Easy-Hide-Ip .ovpn configuration file of server you would like to connect to
from the downloaded and extracted files in Step 1-2 and click "Open"
10. Enter your User name and Password. Click "Save"
11. Left-click again on your "Network" icon and choose server you wish to connect in
the "VPN Connections"
12. Once your connection is successful you will see the following message:
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to Easy-Hide-IP.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your
Ubuntu device to connect to the Easy-Hide-IP VPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.