The following instructions outline the setup process for L2TP connection on Ubuntu 16.04:
1. Open the "Terminal"
2. To install L2TP dependencies type following commands one by one:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nm-l2tp/network-manager-l2tp sudo apt-get update sudo apt -y install network-manager-l2tp sudo apt-get install network-manager-l2tp-gnome sudo apt-get update
3. Click on the "Network" icon in top right corner and choose "Edit connections..."
4. Click "Add"
5. Select "Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)" as your connection type
6. Click "Create"
7. Enter the following information:
- Connection name: Enter a name for the connection you are adding, i.e. Easy-Hide-IP
- Gateway: Enter the PPTP server address of the location/server that you wish to connect to from our server list
- Username: Enter your Easy-Hide-IP user name
- Password: Enter your Easy-Hide-IP password
Click 'IPsec Settings..."
Tick "Enable IPsec tunnel to L2TP host" and enter Pre-shared key: "easyhideip".
Сlick "OK" and then click "Save"
8. Left-click again on your "Network" icon and choose server you wish to connect in the "VPN Connections"
9. Once your connection is successful you will see the following message:
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to Easy-Hide-IP.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your