The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure Easy-Hide-IP using PPTP on your Ubuntu 16.04 computer:
1. Click on the "Network" icon in top right corner and choose "Edit Connections..."
2. Click "Add"
3. Select "Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)" as your connection type
4. Click "Create"
5. Enter the following information:
- Connection name: Enter a name for the connection you are adding, i.e. Easy-Hide-IP
- Gateway: Enter the PPTP server address of the location/server that you wish to connect to from our server list
- Username: Enter your Easy-Hide-IP user name
- Password: Enter your Easy-Hide-IP password
Tick "Use Point-to-Point encryption (MPPE)"
Сlick "OK" and then click "Save"
6. Left-click again on your "Network" icon and choose server you wish to connect in the "VPN Connections", and then the Easy-Hide-IP server you wish to connect to
7. Once your connection is successful you will see the following message:
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to Easy-Hide-IP.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your
Ubuntu device to connect to the Easy-Hide-IP VPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.