The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install&configure Easy-Hide-IP using OpenVPN on your Ubuntu 17.10 computer:
1. Download the Easy-Hide-IP configuration file(s) here
2. Right-click the downloaded file and select "Extract here"
3. Open the Terminal from the main menu and type:
sudo apt-get update
Enter your password and press enter.
Wait about 1-3 minutes, depending on speed of your network
4. Install the OpenVPN software on your system:
sudo apt-get install network-manager-openvpn
5. Click on the "VPN" icon in top right corner and choose "VPN Settings"
6. Click on the plus icon on your right to add new VPN connection
7. Select "Import from the file..."
8. Select the Easy-Hide-IP .ovpn configuration file of server you would like to connect to from the downloaded and extracted files in Step 1-2 and click "Open"
9. Enter your username and password. Click "Add"
10. Select the connection you just added and switch on trigger
11. Enter your Easy-Hide-IP password again
12. Once your connection is successful you will see the VPN icon appearing near your network sign
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to Easy-Hide-IP.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing & setting up your Ubuntu 17.10 computer to connect to the Easy-Hide-IP VPN servers, please contact our Support Team anytime.