The following instructions outline the setup process for Stunnel + OpenVPN connections on Ubuntu 18.04:
1. Open the Terminal
2. To install the OpenVPN software on your system. Type
sudo apt update sudo apt install network-manager-openvpn-gnome sudo apt install stunnel4
Enter your password and press "Enter". Wait about 1-5 minutes, depending on speed of your network and computer hardware.
3. Download Stunnel configuration files here
4. Right-click the downloaded file and select "Extract here"
5. Edit one line in Stunnel config by changing "options = NO_SSLv2" to "options = NO_SSLv3" same as on the picture below.
Then run Stunnel via Terminal by typing:
sudo stunnel4 /path_to_file/server.conf
where path_to_file is path to your stunnel configuration file
and server.conf is the server configuration file you wish to connect to.
No message will be displayed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Names with spaces should be included into single quotes ' '
6. To run OpenVPN type:
sudo openvpn /path_to_file/localhost.ovpn
where path_to_file is path to localhost.ovpn file,located inside files you extracted in step 4
Enter Auth Username: Your Easy-Hide-IP user name
Enter Auth Password: Your Easy-Hide-IP password
7. If you have entered the correct login information, you will see message
"Initialization sequence completed"
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to Easy-Hide-IP.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up
your Ubuntu device to connect to the Easy-Hide-IP VPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.